Fox 68 Idol Giveaway Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be a U.S. resident who is 18 years of age or older, resides in the WSYT / WNYS viewing area, and is an existing user of Facebook.com.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Properties, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast stations WSYT and WNYS (collectively the "Station”), FOX Broadcasting Company, News Corporation, FOX Interactive Media, FremantleMedia North America,Inc., American Idol Productions, Inc., 19 Management, 19 TV Limited, 19 Entertainment, Inc., CORE Media Group Inc., Facebook.com, Facebook, Inc., their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term "immediate families" includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. Qualified entrants may enter once per IP address or household.
2. To enter, visit the FOX68’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/foxsyracuse and look for the “FOX 68 IDOL GIVEAWAY” content features. Click the “Like” button and then click on the “FOX68 Contest” link which will lead you to the online contest entry page at www.foxsyracuse.com/contests. Complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone, e-mail address and birth date. No mechanically reproduced or incomplete entries will be accepted.
3. The contest starts on March 15, 2013 at 12pm EDT and all entries must be received by the Station by 9am EDT, on April 15, 2013. Station is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, server unavailability, or cellular, wireless, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
4. One (1) Winner will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries on April 15, 2013.
5. All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries (including pictures) become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. One (1) Winner will receive One (1) Keurig Brand Platinum B-70 Coffee Machine valued at $179.99, One (1) K-Cup carousel tower valued at $24.99, One (1) table valued at $30, One (1) American Idol backdrop valued at $80, disposal coffee cups valued at $20, coffee stirrers valued at $5, one container each of creamer & sugar valued at $5. Total prize valued at $344.98
2. Winner will be notified by phone on or about April 15, 2013. Before claiming prize, winner must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 5 days of notification at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented. No one under age 18 will be able to claim a prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If the winner cannot be notified within 5 business days, or does not timely return the affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid registrations.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 60 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7. Sinclair Properties, LLC , Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Properties, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Properties, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at 1000 James Street Syracuse, NY 13203 and on the Station’s website at www.foxsyracuse.com, and www.my43.tv
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WSYT/WNYS, 1000 James Street, Syracuse NY 13203 by May 5, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Properties, LLC, FOX Broadcasting Company, News Corporation, FOX Interactive Media, FremantleMedia North America,Inc., American Idol Productions, Inc., 19 Management, 19 TV Limited, 19 Entertainment, Inc., CORE Media Group Inc., Facebook.com, and Facebook, Inc. accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.
6. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
7. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
8. Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, “Facebook”) are not affiliated with the Station nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.